6.21.2011

postheadericon [MiM] Challenge #1: Embrace

....................................................................................................................................................................

For our first [MakeItMeaningful] challenge, I'm going back to the first kit in the series, Embrace. This was such a refreshing kit to work on...I don't know if it was the theme, the bright color palette or the springtime overtones, it just made me happy! But the message I wanted to convey with it, is what is dearest to my heart. 

Embrace is all about acceptance...in ourselves, in others, and in the world around us. For me personally, I tend to get in the habit of thinking everything has to be a certain way, and I end up stressed out and unhappy when things don't measure up to that ideal. But after years of frustration, I finally realized that life is an organic thing...it is growing & changing with every breath we take. It is messy, imperfect, and beautiful. By letting go of unrealistic expectations, I open myself up to what possibilities life truly holds. It's all about embracing what is, in order to discover what can be.

The challenge for my Embrace kit is to create a layout showing how you've embraced something you've struggled with...whether it's letting go of something weighing you down, overcoming something you're afraid of, or trying something you've never done before. It can be as simple as making your peace with your kids messy rooms, as challenging as facing your fear of heights, or as profound as finding your faith again. I know this topic can get very personal, but that is the essence of the [MakeItMeaningful] series...to get you to dig down deep and record the parts of your life story that know one else can tell. 

This topic is a little tough, so I'll keep it to a simple journal prompt for the Embrace challenge. Remember, you don't have to use the kit to participate! You can create your layout however you wish, but keep it within the challenge guidelines. When you've created your page, post it to the CatScrap gallery here. If you'd like to be entered twice for the drawing, share your layout on Facebook, along with a link to my Embrace Kit, and add 'Posted to FB by [your Facebook name] in the comments section of your gallery upload. Be sure to stop by the [MiM] forum for inspiration and encouragement as you work on your submission, and to discuss the current challenge with other participants!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your lovely layouts and all the different ways you've embraced life. Remember to enjoy the process of recording your experiences...because you never know when your words will be the catalyst of change in someone else's life, simply through sharing your story. And that, in itself, is pretty meaningful. ;)


2 comments:

Mi Monteiro said...

This is inspiring !!!!!!!!!!!!

barbara said...

Here's my attempt at this. Had to
dig deep for this!

http://www.catscrap.com/galleri/showphoto.php?photo=47792&title=letting-go&cat=754

Photobucket

I am... a digital scrapbook designer, an aspiring writer, part cynic/ part philosopher, scatterbrained and easily fascinated, moody, fun-loving, obsessed with office supplies and Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, a rock music fanatic, an embracer of my thirty-somethingness, oftentimes inspired, sometimes discouraged, and all of the time grateful for the invention of chocolate. In other words, I am a work in progress! ;)

.....................................................


...............................

Facebook Badge

  

Blog Archive